In the Name of Almighty God, The Merciful, The Compassionate

بسم لله الرحمان الرحيم

Salaam Aleikum (Peace be with you)! I hope you may gain some insight from my work here. Remember, I'm not a scholar and don't claim to be. I only claim to be a person who has a passion for both Islam and this great republic in which I live and wish to share my thoughts with others. Remember that anything good you find in this blog is from Allah, and anything wrong or bad is from my own flawed self.





!!!please make sure to sign up on my followers list at the bottom of the page!!!

The Holy Ka'aba

The Holy Ka'aba
The House of God built by Abraham (peace be upon him)

The Pledge of Allegiance

The Pledge of Allegiance
take out the 9th line, and it would be haram (forbidden) to say this.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Muhammad Ali and Hope for Haiti Now


In the name of Almighty God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. I want to send a BIG jazakullah khair (May God reward you well) to brother Muhammad Ali for his appearance on the "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon. In light of the complete lack of so called Islamic countries around the world to respond generously and charitably to the Haiti crisis, this beautiful Muslim brother goes on national television to share with the world, the beauty of the third pillar of Islam, zakat or charity. Muhammad Ali, heavy champion of the world, appear alongside comedian Chris Rock during the telethon. Brother Muhammad was visibly suffering from a prolonged bout with Parkinson's Disease and was unable to speak for himself, but Chris Rock read the words of Mr. Ali.

"In my life, I've been called by many names. There are also many names for the charity that resides in the hearts of all human beings. In my faith, charity is called zakat. Zakat is one of the pillars of my faith. By any name, charity can bring the people of our planet together. Charity crosses borders and eases pain of oh so many. Charity changes lives, and saves lives. There is an old saying that charity begins at home, but it cannot end there. That is why we call upon all the good people in every corner of the world, to help those who cannot help themselves. Whatever you believe, which ever word you choose, zakat or charity, please give now. Go to hopeforhaitinow.org....God Bless".

I would like to thank Mr. Muhammad Ali for being the face and voice of what Islam is really about. Shame on the rich Muslim nations that have so far done nothing. May Allah reward this brother many times over for not only these words but all that he has done in his retirement to help those in need.

No comments: